Manchester City vs Sporting Lisbon 09.03.2022
Manchester City are fresh off a 4-1 drubbing of rivals Manchester United to sustain their hunt for yet another Premier League title.
The Citizens looked very convincing against United on Sunday and they will take that buzz into the game against Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League Round of 16 Return leg.
With a five-goal headstart in this tie already, City are likely to rest some of their star performers, but they should still be strong enough to get a handsome win against the visitors from Portugal.
Main tip: HC -1 Manchester City Win (go to tip details)
For reliable predictions, explore the latest UCL betting predictions.
500% up to ₦ 50,000 🇳🇬
Head-to-Head stats Manchester City vs Sporting Lisbon
Considering the last 16 meetings between these two teams:
- Manchester City have 2 wins. Sporting Lisbon have 2 wins. 0 matches were drawn
- These matches scored an average of 3.25 goals per match
- The last time they met, Liverpool won 5-0
Latest results Manchester City
- Man City have 4 wins and a loss in the last 5 matches
- 14 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 2.80 goals per match
- They beat Manchester United 4-1 in their last league match
Latest results Sporting Lisbon
- 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses in their last 5 matches
- 7 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 1.40 goals per match
- They won 2-0 against Arouca in their last match
Champions League Final Standings and Latest Results
Manchester City (Grp A): rank 1st – 6 matches – 4 wins – 0 draw – 2 losses – 12 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-W-W-L-W
Sporting Lisbon (Grp C): rank 2nd – 6 matches – 3 wins – 0 draw – 3 losses – 9 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-L-D-W-L
First Leg Result: Sporting Lisbon 0 – 5 Manchester City
Possible squad Manchester City
Manchester City: Ederson; Walker, Cancelo, Stones, Laporte; Mahrez, Rodri, Silva; Grealish, Sterling, Foden
Out: Ake (Knock), Dias (Foot injury), Mendy (Suspended), Palmer (Ankle Injury)
Coach: Pep Guardiola
Possible squad Sporting Lisbon
Sporting Lisbon: Adan; Coates, Reis, Inacio; Vinagre, Essugo, Esgaio, Paulinho; Sarabia, Slimane, Santos
Out: Branganca (Hamstring), Matheus (Suspended), Goncalves (Muscle Injury)
Doubtful: Palinha (Knock)
Coach: Ruben Amorim
Residents of Zambia can get all the information they need about the best betting sites in Zambia here.
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Handicap -1 Manchester City Win
Yangasport offers competitive odds for the bet “Handicap -1 Manchester City Win”
The odd of 1.44 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 69% chance that Manchester City will win with a margin of at least 2 goals.
Odds comparison for Handicap -1 Manchester City Win
Yangasport – odd 1.44
Melbet – odd 1.18
Read our page on the Yangasport Nigeria betting site for more insight into the offer of this bookmaker.
500% up to ₦ 50,000 🇳🇬
2) Bet on Manchester City To Score in Both Halves
- The Citizens have scored in both halves in 3 of their last 5 matches
- Man City scored in both halves in their last meeting
Odds for this bet
Betway offers competitive odds for “Man City Score in Both Halves”
The odd of 1.63 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 61% chance that Manchester City will score both in the first and second halves of this fixture.
Odds comparisons for Manchester City To Score in Both Halves
Betway – odd 1.63
Yangasport – odd 1.60
50% up to 5,000 KES in 🇰🇪
50% up to 200 GHS Free bet in 🇬🇭
50% up to 10,000 TSH Free bet in 🇹🇿