FC Barcelona vs Espanyol Barcelona 08.07.2020
Barcelona are looking to recover the 4-point gap that has opened between them and 1st placed Real Madrid. This means winning their remaining games as they hope Madrid will falter. Barcelona were rampant over the weekend with a dominant 4-1 away win over Villarreal. Espanyol are rooted at the bottom of the table and have lost all their last 5 league games. They will most likely be relegated since even scoring goals is a problem, having scored only 2 in the last 5 games. All indications are that Barcelona will get a comfortable win.
Main tip: HT/FT Barcelona (go to tip details)
Head-to-Head stats FC Barcelona vs Espanyol
We take a closer look at the stats of the last 57 matches between these teams:
- Barcelona won 34 direct matches. Espanyol won 6 matches. 17 matches ended in a draw.
- On average both teams scored a total of 2.54 goals per match.
- Last meeting was a 2-2 draw in January.
Latest results FC Barcelona
- 3 wins and 3 draws in the last 6 games.
- 11 goals in 6 matches. Average 1.83 goals per match.
- An impressive 4-1 thrashing of 5th placed Villarreal over the weekend.
Latest results Espanyol
- Looks very bad. 5 losses in the last 5 games.
- Only 2 goals scored in 5 games.
- Lost narrowly 1-0 to fellow relegation strugglers Levante in their last game.
Table and latest results
FC Barcelona: 2nd – 34 matches – 22 wins – 7 draws – 5 losses – 73 points
Form Guide: W-D-D-W-D
Espanyol: rank 20th – 34 matches – 5 wins – 9 draws – 20 losses – 24 points
Form Guide: L-L-L-L-L
There are more La Liga predictions and match analysis on our page. Visit now and read about winning bets as La Liga enters the final stretch.
Possible squad FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona: Ter Stegen; Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba; Roberto, Busquets, Vidal; Messi, Suarez, Griezmann
Out: De Jong (Calf Injury), Dembélé (muscle)
Coach: Quique Setién
Possible squad Espanyol
Espanyol: Lopez; Lopez, Bernardo, Cabrera, Pedrosa, Embarba, Lopez, Roca, Darder, Wu, De Tomas
Out: Corchia (Meniscus injury)
Doubtful: Pipa (muscle)
Coach: Abelardo Fernández
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on HT/FT Barcelona
Betway offers the best odds for the bet “HT/FT Barcelona”
The odd of 1.62 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 62% that Barcelona will lead at half-time and win the game.
Odds comparison for HT/FT Barcelona
Betway – odd 1.62
1xBet – odd 1.61
Bet365 – odd 1.60
2) Bet on Goal Over 2.5
- Barcelona last 3 games all registered over 2.5 goals.
- Espanyol have conceded 8 goals in 5 games.
- Barcelona won their last game 4-1 against Villarreal.
Odds for this bet
Betway once again offers the best odds for “Goal Over 2.5”
The odd of 1.51 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 66% that the total goals scored in the game will be at least 3.
Odds comparisons for Goal Over 2.5
Betway – odd 1.51
1xBet – odd 1.50
Betway – odd 1.46
Our fans in Kenya are welcome to read our review on Betway Kenya. There are details about their offers, promotions, and match odds. This includes a 50% welcome bonus up to KES 5,000.