Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao 15.12.2020
Real Madrid ended the unbeaten run of rivals, Athletico with a 2-0 win to earn their second consecutive La Liga win. Zinedine Zidane’s men gave a good account of themselves last weekend, with a fine performance to stay in the title race. They showed superiority in all aspects of the game and are now third on the table, three points off the pace.
Having defeated Sevilla and Atletico, the team from the capital will be licking their lips on the prospects of making it three wins on the bounce against a Bilbao team that is out of sorts at the moment with only one victory in their last 5 La Liga exertions.
Real Madrid are not only winning, but they also seem to have found their confidence in front of goal again, scoring at least twice in their last two games. This new-found confidence in front of goal will be vital for Madrid against the team from the Basque country.
Smart money will be on the goals market, that is why we are backing the Los Blancos to score at least two goals in this game.
Main tip: Madrid Over 1.5 Goals (go to tip details)
Check out our La Liga betting tips to improve your chances of winning.
Head-to-Head stats Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao
Considering the last 31 meetings between these two teams:
- Real Madrid have won 24, Athletic Bilbao 2 wins and 5 ended in a draw
- On average these matches scored 3.20 goals per game
- Real Madrid won the last meeting 0-1
Latest results Real Madrid
- 3 wins and 2 losses in the last 5 games
- 6 goals scored in the last 5 games. Average of 1.20 goals per game
- Defeated Atletico Madrid 2-0 in their last game
Latest results Athletic Bilbao
- 1 win,2 draws and 2 losses in their last 5 games
- 8 goals scored in the last 5 games. Average of 1.60 goals per game
- Drew 2-2 away to Valencia
La Liga Table Standings and Latest Results
Real Madrid: rank 3rd – 12 matches – 7 wins – 2 draws – 3 losses – 23 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-W-L-D-L
Athletic Bilbao: rank 13th – 12 matches – 4 wins – 2 draws – 6 losses – 14 points
Form Guide (most recent first): D-L-D-W-L
Possible squad Real Madrid
Real Madrid: Courtois, Mendy, Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Kroos, Casemiro, Modric,Vinicius, Lucas, Benzema
Out: Hazard (Knee), Jovic (Muscle), Odegaard (Muscle)
Coach: Zinedine Zidane
Possible squad Athletic Bilbao
Athletic Bilbao: Simon, Alvarez, Martinez, Capa, Berchiche, Vesga, Garcia, Berenguer, Williams, Muniain, Villalibre
Out: Nolaskoain (Knock)
Coach: Gaizka Garitano
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Madrid Over 1.5 Goals
- Real Madrid have scored at least two total goals in their last two matches
- Athletic Bilbao have shipped in two goals in each of their last two La Liga games
Betway offers the best odds for the bet “Madrid Over 1.5 Goals”
The odd of 1.61 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 62% that least Real Madrid will score at least two total goals in the game.
Odds comparison for Madrid Over 1.5 Goals
Betway – odd 1.61
Bet9ja – odd 1.56
Interwetten – odd 1.60
We have a comprehensive review of betting sites in Nigeria and scored them on various industry standards, including odds payout, bonuses, cash-out features and promotions.
2) Bet on Real Madrid Win
- Real Madrid have won all their last 3 matches in all competitions
- Athletic Bilbao have only 1 win in their last 5 La Liga games.
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in 10 previous matches against Athletic Bilbao
Odds for this bet
1Xbet offers the best odds for “Real Madrid Win”
The odd of 1.54 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 65% that Real Madrid will win the game.
Odds comparisons for Real Madrid Win
1Xbet – odd 1.54
bet365 – odd 1.44
Interwetten – odd 1.53
Get free betting tips on our page and get more winnings when you bet on the Major European leagues and competitions.