Liverpool FC vs. Atletico Madrid March 11, 2020
We anticipate another tight affair as it happened in the first leg. Liverpool have been exceptional at home and have been destroying teams coming to Anfield. But Atleti showed in the first leg that they have what it takes to shut them down with a classical chess match. We expect coach Simeone to set them up to keep the game tight defensively and hit Liverpool on the counter. As a result, we do not foresee a lot of scoring opportunities in this game. Either Liverpool will match the first leg result and force extra time or Atleti will keep it 0-0 or score one themselves to kill the tie.
Main tip : UNDER 2.5 goals bet (go to tip details)
Head-to-Head stats for Liverpool vs. Atletico
We take a closer look at the stats of the last 8 matches between the 2 teams.
- Atletico has the edge in their H2H match ups with 4 wins, Liverpool has won once and they have drawn 3 times.
- Atletico won the first leg 1-0 and were excellent defensively.
- Goals scored UNDER 2.5 in approx. 63% of matches between the 2 teams.
- Their last 5 games has produced Under 2.5 goals. We are backing this for our main betting tip.
- Goals scored OVER 1.5 in approx. 75% of matches between the 2 teams.
- Their last 5 games has produced Under 2.5 goals. We are backing this for our second betting tip.
If you are interested in other tips, check out our betting tips for tomorrow.
Latest results for Liverpool FC
- Liverpool’s have stumbled in their recent games after an excellent season. They have not kept a clean sheet in their last 6 and have last 4/6.
- Liverpool only scored 1.17 goals per match in these last 6 games.
- Only 3/6 games had BTTS
Latest results Atletico Madrid
- Atletico Madrid have form curve has been quite good the last 6 games: Undefeated, winning 3 and drawing 3.
- They’ve scored 2.00 goals per match in the 6 games, scoring at least a goal in each of the 6 games.
- Away from home, they have scored 1.17 goals in the last 6 games.
Table and latest results
Liverpool FC in Premier League – rank 1th – 29 matches – 27 wins – 1 draw – 1 loss – 82 points
Atletico Madrid in La Liga- rank 6th – 27 matches – 11 wins -12 draws – 4 losses – 45 points
Possible squad Liverpool FC
Adrián; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Mané
Out: Alisson Becker (hip), Shaqiri (calf), Clyne (knee)
Possible squad Atletico Madrid
Oblak; Trippier, Savić, Felipe, Renan Lodi; Saúl Ñíguez, Partey, Koke, Vitolo; João Félix, Correa
Out: Lemar (thigh), Morata (thigh)
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers we suggest the following:
1) Bet on UNDER 2.5 goals
Looking at their head to head encounters, we have had Under 2.5 goals in their last 5 games. Overall, between the two teams we have had Under 2.5 goals in 63% of their H2H games. Atleti hold the advantage from the first leg and will do everything possible to hold onto it. They have won 25/26 European ties in which they have prevailed in the first leg. Simeone will set up the team similar to the first leg to frustrate Liverpool’s attacking threat and try and hit them on the counter. This means we will have few scoring opportunities. Please follow the link for more Champions League tips.
Odds for this bet
1Xbet offers the best odd for the bet “Goal Under 2.5”
The odd of 2.01 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 50% that the game will have Under 2.5 goals.
Odds comparison for UNDER 2.5 goals bet
1Xbet – under 2.5 goals @ odd 2.01
Bet365 – under 2.5 goals @ odd 1.90
Nairabet – under 2.5 goals @ odd 1.88
2) Both teams to score bet (BTTS)? NO
No BTTS in their last two straight games.
Atleti defence did not afford Liverpool a shot on target in the first leg and will be even more resolute in this second leg.
Few goal scoring chances expected
Therefore we bet on – Both teams to score? Answer is NO!
Odds for this bet
1Xbet again has the best odds for “BTTS NO”
The odd of 1.87 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 53% that we the game will NOT HAVE BOTH TEAMS SCORING
Odds comparisons for BTTS NO
1Xbet – 1.87
Bet365 – 1.75
Nairabet – 1.73