Manchester United vs Southampton FC 13.07.2020
Manchester United are the form team of the league at the moment. They have clocked four wins and one draw in their last five league games. Their good form is reflected in front of goal with 19 goals to show from the last 6 games. Southampton have only managed 8 goals in the same number of games even though this has brought them 3 wins. One of these wins was a 1-0 over 2nd placed Man City, which came as a shock to most pundits. Nevertheless, Manchester United are chasing a top four spot to qualify for Champions league and will not be taking anything to chance. We expect Man Utd to continue with their impressive form and get a number of goals in this game and a win in the end.
Main tip: HC -1 Manchester United (go to tip details)
There are many tough games remaining in the EPL before the end of the season. You can follow our Premier League predictions to help you improve your chances of winning when you bet.
Head-to-Head stats Manchester United vs Southampton FC
We take a closer look at the stats of the last 31 matches between these teams:
- Manchester United dominate with 20 wins to Southampton’s 4 wins. There have been 7 draws.
- Meetings between the two sides produce an average of 3.13 goals per match.
- Manchester United have not lost to Southampton over the last 8 meetings. 4 wins and 4 draws.
- Their last encounter was a 1-1 draw.
Latest results Manchester United
- They have gone 18 games unbeaten in all competitions.
- 9 wins in the last 10 games.
- Scoring plenty of goals recently. 19 goals in 6 matches. Average 3.17 goals scored per match.
- Last game was a 5-2 win over Bournemouth.
Latest results Southampton FC
- Mixed results. 3 wins and 3 losses in the last 6 games.
- Only 8 goals scored in the last 6 games. Average 1.33 per game.
- Managed a shock 1-0 win over Man City in their last game.
Table and latest results
Manchester United: rank 5th – 33 matches – 15 wins – 10 draws – 8 losses – 55 points
Form Guide: W-W-D-W-W
Southampton FC: rank 12th – 33 matches – 13 wins – 4 draws – 16 losses – 43 points
Form Guide: W-W-L-W-L
We have free betting tips for all the top European leagues. All games are extensively analyzed and useful comparisons provided to help fans understand our picks for each game.
Possible squad Manchester United
Manchester United: De Gea; Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Matic, Pogba, Fernandes; Greenwood, Martial, Rashford.
Out: Tuanzebe (knock), Jones (Knock injury)
Doubtful: Lindelof (Back injury)
Coach: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Possible squad Southampton FC
Southampton FC: McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Stephens, Bertrand; Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Redmond; Ings, Long.
Doubtful: Djenepo (Muscle injury), Valery (Knock injury), Højbjerg (Ankle injury)
Out: Vestergaard (Muscle injury), Boufal (Thigh injury)
Coach: Ralph Hasenhuttl
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on HC -1 Manchester United
22Bet offers the best odds for the bet “HC -1 Manchester United”
The odd of 1.85 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 54% that Manchester United will win with a margin of at least 2 goals.
Odds comparison for HC -1 Manchester United
22Bet – odd 1.85
Bet365 – odd 1.83
1xBet – odd 1.79
2) Bet on Goal Over 2.5
- Manchester United have scored 19 goals in 6 matches. Average 3.17 goals scored per match.
- Manchester United’s 5 out of the last 6 games have had Over 2.5 goals.
- Southampton’s 3 out of the last 5 games had over 2.5 goals.
Odds for this bet
Betway offers the best odds for “Goal Over 2.5″
The odd of 1.72 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 58% that there will be at least 3 goals scored in the game.
Odds comparisons for Goal Over 2.5
Betway – odd 1.72
Bet365 – odd 1.70
Bet9ja – odd 1.70
Betway Kenya has some attractive odds compared to other bookmakers. They also offer a 50% welcome bonus up to KES 5,000 for newcomers. Join today to enjoy this offer.