Aston Villa vs Tottenham 09.04.2022
Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa slipped out of the top half of the Premier League (PL) following three consecutive one-goal margin defeats, the most recent of which came away to local rivals Wolves (2-1). As a consequence, they begin this round closer to the relegation zone than the European spots in terms of points.
On the other hand, Spurs head into the weekend as one of just three clubs to have collected at least 15 points from their last six PL matches (W5, L1), doing so by amassing more goals (21) than any other side during that period. But it was only after their 5-1 demolition of Newcastle last weekend that manager Antonio Conte was again willing to declare his side were “in the race” for a Champions League place.
Villa have completed 40 matches in all competitions without a 0-0 draw. With Spurs star man Harry Kane on top form, we fancy he will get on the score sheet.
Main tip: Kane Anytime Scorer (go to tip details)
Enjoy more winnings in the latest round of fixtures with the best EPL predictions today
Head-to-Head stats Aston Villa vs Tottenham
Looking at their last 19 meetings
- Tottenham have 16 wins, Aston Villa have 2 and 1 ended in a draw
- These matches scored an average of 3.20 goals per match
- Spurs won the reverse game 2-1 at the Tottenham stadium earlier in the season
Latest results Aston Villa
- 2 wins and 3 losses in their last 5 matches
- 14 goals scored in these last 5 matches. Average of 2.80 goals per match
- Lost 2-1 at Wolves in their last league match
Latest results Tottenham
- 4 wins and 1 loss in their last 5 matches
- Also scored 22 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 4.20 goals per match
- Won 5-1 at home against Newcastle in their last league match
Premier League Table Standings and Latest Results
Aston Villa: rank 11th – 30 matches – 11 wins – 3 draws – 16 losses – 36 points
Form Guide (most recent first): L-L-L-W-W
Tottenham: rank 4th – 30 matches – 17 wins – 3 draws – 10 losses – 54 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-W-W-L-W
TIP: Download Telegram before you click here!
Possible squad Aston Villa
Aston Villa: Martinez; Cash, Chambers, Mings, Young; McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey; Ings, Watkins, Coutinho
Out: Hause (Abdominal injury), Digne (Stomach injury)
Coach: Steven Gerrard
Possible squad Tottenham
Tottenham: Lloris; Romero, Dier, Davies; Emerson, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Doherty; Kulusevski, Son; Kane
Out: Tanganga (Knee injury), Skipp (Groin injury), Sessegnon (Muscle injury), Reguilon (Knock)
Coach: Antonio Conte
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Kane Anytime Scorer
Odibets offers the best odds for the bet “Kane Anytime Scorer”
The odd of 2.38 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 42% chance that kane will find the back of the net in this match.
Odds comparison for Kane Anytime Scorer
Odibets- odd 2.38
Betway – odd 2.36
You can find this and more markets on Odibets Kenya
NO RISK GHS 5 FREE BET in Ghana 🇬🇭
HURRY! valid only 7 days after registration!
2) Bet on Both Teams to Score
- 4 of their last 5 H2H meetings have featured both teams to score
- Tottenham have had 3 of their last 4 matches featuring both teams to score
Odds for this bet
1xbet offers the best odds for “Both Teams to Score”
The odd of 1.72 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 58% chance that both teams will get on the score sheet in this match.
Odds comparisons for Both Teams to Score
1xbet – odd 1.72
Betway – odd 1.70
Are you from Zambia? Explore all the offers available from the best betting sites Zambia