Manchester City vs Tottenham 13.02.2021
Manchester City are as good as they come. You will be hard-pressed to find a better team in football at the moment. They are the form team and they are leaving all their opponents in their wake.
They are just unplayable at the moment, and the Etihad is the last place Tottenham Hotspur wants to visit now given their inconsistent form. Pep Guardiola’s men are definitely where they want to be, and the fixture against Spurs is winnable for the Citizens, although they did lose in the first installment of the game earlier in the season. With that in mind, City will want a pound of flesh and Spurs are there for the taking.
Tottenham put up a horrible defensive performance in their 5th round FA Cup ouster at the hands of Everton. That loss leaves them with one win in five games. And that is not a form to take the Etihad. From all indications, Manchester City are poised for another win but we will rather back Gundogan to score anytime. This is priced at an attractive 5.00 odds.
Going by the German’s recent scoring record, we expect this to land.
Main tip: Gundogan Anytime Scorer (go to tip details)
Take advantage of our free betting tips to maximize your stake.
Head-to-Head stats Man City vs Tottenham
We take a closer look at the stats of the last 32 games between these pair:
- Manchester City have 15 wins, Tottenham have 14 wins
- On average these matches scored 3.2 goals per match
- Tottenham Hotspur won their last meeting 2-0
Latest results Manchester City
- 15 straight wins in their last 14 matches
- Manchester City have scored 30 goals in their last 11 games
- They have served up an average of 2.73 goals per match
- They defeated Liverpool 1-4 in their last match
Latest results Tottenham
- They have 2 wins and 3 losses from their last 5 matches
- 7 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 1.80 goals per match
- They beat West Brom 2-0 in their last match
EPL Table Standings and Latest Results
Manchester City: rank 1st –22 matches – 15 wins – 5 draws – 2 losses – 50 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-W-W-W-W
Tottenham: rank – 8th – 22 matches – 10 wins – 6 draws – 6 losses – 36 points
Form Guide (most recent first): L-W-L-L-W
Possible squad Manchester City
Manchester City: Ederson; Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Zinchenko; Silva, Rodri, Gundogan; Mahrez, Sterling, Foden
Out: Agüero (COVID-19), Aké (Overload), De Bruyne (Muscle)
Coach: Pep Guardiola
Possible squad Tottenham
Tottenham: Lloris; Doherty, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Davies, Ndombele, Hojbjerg; Lamela, Lucas, Son; Kane
Out: Reguilón (Muscle), Lo Celso (Muscle)
Doubtful: Aurier (Knock), Alli (Tendon)
Coach: Jose Mourinho
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Gundogan to Score Anytime
- Ilkay Gundogan has scored six goals in his last five games
- He is the designated Penalty taker for Manchester City
Odds for this bet
Bet9ja offers competitive odds for “Gundogan to Score Anytime”
The odd of 3.00 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 33% that Ilkay Gundogan will score anytime during the course of the game.
Odds comparisons for Gundogan to Score Anytime
Bet9ja – odd 3.00
Interwetten – odd 2.05
Bet365 – odd 2.10
Enjoy our free Premier League predictions well presented by our experts.
2) Bet on Manchester City Win
- Manchester City are on a 15 game winning streak
- Pep Guardiola’s men slightly edge the H2H of the two teams
- Tottenham Hotspur have lost 4 of their last 5 games
Odds for this bet
Pinnacle offers competitive odds for “Manchester City Win”
The odd of 1.36 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 74% chance that Manchester City will win this game at the end of 90 minutes.
Odds comparisons for Manchester City Win
Pinnacle – odd 1.36
Betking – odd 1.36
Bet365 – odd 1.33
Have you read our betting sites in Nigeria page? Go on and read it to avail yourself the opportunity of mouth-watering promotions.