Southampton vs Manchester City 19.12.2020
Southampton are having a dream run in the ongoing Premier League season. The Saints have won seven matches this season, which leaves them second to only Liverpool and Leicester in terms of the highest number of victories this season.
Last time out they could only manage a draw against an abysmal Arsenal at the Emirates where the likes of Aston Villa and Burnley have won this season. They will have that missed chance at the back of their minds when they host an equally struggling Manchester City who are 8th on the table with two consecutive draws in their last two exertions in the league.
City will be looking to get back to winning ways after those two uninspiring performance and that will make the encounter too close to call. Therefore will be backing both teams to score, given their goalscoring record.
Main tip: Both Teams To Score (go to tip details)
Head on to our page for the best football tips for today and you will find you can win more with our tips.
Head-to-Head stats Southampton vs Manchester City
We take a look at the last 18 meetings between these teams:
- City have 13 wins. Southampton have 3 wins, while 2 matches ended in a draw
- On average these matches produced 3.50 goals per game
- Southampton won the last encounter 1-0
Latest results Southampton
- 2 wins, 2 draws, and 1 loss in their last 5 matches
- 9 goals scored in the last 5 games. Average of 1.80 goals per game
- Drew their last game at Arsenal 1-1
Latest results Manchester City
- 2 wins and 3 draws in their last 5 games
- 6 goals scored in the last 5 games. Average of 1.20 goals per game
- Drew 1-1 against West Brom in their last game
EPL Table Standings and Latest Results
Southampton: rank 3rd – 13 matches – 7 wins – 3 draws – 3 losses – 24 points
Form Guide (most recent first): D-W-W-L-D
Manchester City: rank 8th – 12 matches – 5 wins – 5 draws – 2 losses – 20 points
Form Guide (most recent first): D-D-W-W-D
Possible squad Southampton
Southampton: McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Walcott; Ings, Adams
Coach: Ralph Hasenhüttl
Possible squad Manchester City
Manchester City: Ederson; Cancelo, Laporte, Dias, Mendy; Rodri, Gundogan; Mahrez, De Bruyne, Sterling; Jesus
Out: Garcia (Knock), Zincheko (Unknown)
Coach: Pep Guardiola
Increase your chances of winnings with our Premier League predictions found right here. They are well researched by experts!
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Both Teams To Score
- Southampton have scored in the last 5 games
- Manchester City have scored in 3 of their last 5 games
- 40% of City’s game this season have returned both teams to score
1xBet offers the best odds for the bet “Both Teams To Score”
The odd of 1.73 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 58% chance Both teams will score in this game.
Odds comparison for Both Teams To Score
1xBet – odd 1.73
Betking – odd 1.60
Betway – odd 1.70
Betway Nigeria is offering a huge bonus of 100% on your first deposit up to ₦ 100,000. Grab this offer now!
2) Bet on Under 2.5 Goals
- Only one of City’s last 5 games have returned over 2.5 goals
- Two of City’s last 5 games ended in a goalless draw
- 57 % of Southampton’s game this season have returned under 2.5 goals
Odds for this bet
Bet9ja offers the best odds for “Under 2.5 Goals”
The odd of 2.52 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 40% that there will be less than three total goals scored in the entire regulation time.
Odds comparisons for Both Teams to Score
Bet9ja – odd 2.52
Betking – odd 2.40
Interwetten – odd 2.40