Villarreal CF vs. Real Sociedad 13.07.2020
Villarreal are 5th in the league and are hoping to make it into the top 4 so that they can guarantee champions league qualification next season. Their recent form is quite impressive having managed 8 wins in 10 games with only 1 loss. On the other hand, Real Sociedad are not fairing very well even though they lie 7th and 6 points behind Villarreal. Real Sociedad have only registered one win in the past seven games and have not kept a clean sheet during that time. Games between the two are usually won with a narrow margin. Villareal have 3 wins and Sociedad 2 wins in the last five meetings. For this coming encounter, Villarreal’s good form puts them as slight favorites to win.
Main tip: DNB Villarreal (go to tip details)
Head-to-Head stats Villarreal CF vs Real Sociedad
We take a closer look at the stats of the last 31 matches between these teams:
- Villarreal won 17 direct matches. Real Sociedad won 9 matches. 12 matches ended in a draw.
- On average in direct matches both teams scored 2.39 goals per Match.
- Villarreal won the last meeting 2-1 in January.
Latest results Villarreal CF
- 4 wins, 1 loss, and 1 draw.
- 11 goals scored in 6 games. Average 1.83 goals per game.
- Won their last fixture 3-1 away to Getafe.
Latest results Real Sociedad
- Only 1 win in the last 6 games. 4 losses and 1 draw.
- Not very prolific with 5 goals scored in 6 matches. Average 0.83 goals per game.
- Drew 1-1 with Levante in their last game.
Table and latest results
Villarreal CF: rank 5th – 35 matches – 17 wins – 6 draws – 12 losses – 57 points
Form Guide: W-L-W-W-D
Real Sociedad: rank 7th – 34 matches – 15 wins – 6 draws – 13 losses – 51 points
Form Guide: D-W-L-L-L
As La Liga enters the final stretch, we have all the La Liga predictions on our page. Follow our experts and improve your winnings.
Possible squad Villarreal CF
Villarreal CF: Asenjo; Peña, Albiol, Torres, Moreno; Chukwueze, Iborra, Anguissa, Cazorla; Moreno, Ontiver
Out: Funes Mori (Achilles tendon), Guerra (Knee injury)
Doubtful: Alcácer (Physical discomfort), Bacca (Thigh injury)
Coach: Javier Calleja
Possible squad Real Sociedad
Real Sociedad: Moya; Monreal, Llorente, Elustondo, Gorosabel; Merino, Zubeldia, Ødegaard, Oyarzabal, José, Portu
Doubtful: (Zurutuza Knock injury)
Out: Zaldúa (Foot), Bautista (Broken leg), Januzaj (Muscle), Guevara (Leg), Illarramendi (Hip), Sangalli (Knee)
Coach: Imanol Alguacil
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on DNB Villarreal
22Bet offers the best odds for the bet “DNB Villarreal”
The odd of 1.66 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 60% that Villareal will win this game.
Odds comparison for DNB Villarreal
22Bet – odd 1.66
Betway – odd 1.63
1xBet – odd 1.61
Fans in Ghana will find our reviews of betting sites in Ghana very helpful. We highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each Bookmaker so that fans can know where to benefit the most.
2) Bet on Both Teams to Score
- Villarreal’s 3 of the last 5 games had both teams scoring
- Real Sociedad’s 4 out of the last 6 games had both teams scoring.
- Villarreal have scored 11 goals in 6 matches. Average of 1.83 goals per game.
Odds for this bet
1xBet offers the best odds for “Both Teams to Score”
The odd of 1.67 means the bookmaker is calculating a likelihood of approx. 56% that both teams will score in the game.
Odds comparisons for Both Teams to Score
1xBet – odd 1.67
Bet365 – odd 1.65
Bet9ja – odd 1.60
Get the best football tips for today from our team of experts and get to know where to place the best value bets for the day.