Argentina vs Colombia 02.02.2022
Argentina will host Colombia in the latest in the series of qualifying matches for Qatar 2022.
Lionel Scaloni’s charges are almost home and dry and they go into this fixture as favourites. The former World Champions are yet to lose a game in this series and it does not look like Colombia are capable of handing them their first defeat.
Although Colombia will be motivated to get a win as they are three points short of an automatic qualification spot. However, the chances of that happening are slim to the mill.
Nevertheless, we have found value in the corners market and we reckon there will be less than five corners awarded in the first 45 minutes.
Main tip: 1st Half Un. 4.5 Corners (go to tip details)
Make use of our World Cup Qualifiers predictions as the race for Qatar 2022 hots up!
Head-to-Head stats Argentina vs Colombia
Considering the last 18 meetings between these two teams:
- Argentina won 9, Colombia won 2, while 7 matches ended in a draw
- On average these matches accounted for 2.11 goals per game
- The last time they met, Argentina won 2-1
Latest results Argentina
- Unbeaten in their last 5 matches (4W, D)
- 7 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 1,40 goals per match
- They won 1-2 against Chile in their last match
Latest results Colombia
- 1 win, 2 draw and 2 losses in the last 5 matches
- 2 goal scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 0.40 goals per match
- They lost 0-1 to Peru in their last match
CONMEBOL WCQ Standings and Latest Results
Argentina: rank 2nd – 14 matches – 9 wins – 5 draws – 0 loss – 32 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-D-W-W-W
Colombia: rank 6th – 15 matches – 3 wins – 8 draws – 4 loss – 17 points
Form Guide (most recent first): L-W-D-L-D
Possible squad Argentina
Argentina: Martinez; Mollina, Martinez. Q, Martinez. Li, Acuna; Lo Celso, Rodriguez, Ocampos; Di Maria, Martinez. La, Correa
Out: De Paul (Suspended), Paredes (Suspended), Tagliafico (Suspended) Otamendi (Suspended) Papu Gomez (Ankle) McAllister (COVID-19) Messi (COVID-19)
Coach: Lionel Scaloni
Possible squad Colombia
Colombia: Ospina; Cuadrado, Sanchez, Tesillo, Mojica; Diaz, Uribe, Rodriguez, Barrios; Falcao, Borja
Out: Mina (Suspended)
Coach: Reinaldo Rueda
We have the best free soccer predictions available at no cost.
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on 1st Half Un. 4.5 Corners
Betboro offers the best odds for the bet “1st Half Un. 4.5 Corners”
The odd of 1.57 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 64% chance that there will be less than five (5) total corners awarded in the first half of this match.
Odds comparison for 1st Half Un. 4.5 Corners
Betboro- odd 1.57
Bet9ja – odd 1.53
Betboro Ghana betting site has a variety of other markets for this fixture.
2) Bet on Argentina Win
- Argentina are unbeaten in their last 2 H2H meetings
- Argentina are yet to lose in the qualification series
- Lionel Scaloni’s men have dominated the H2H meetings
Odds for this bet
1xbet offers the best odds for “Argentina Win”
The odd of 1.97 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 51% chance that Argentina will win this game at the end of 90 minutes
Odds comparisons for Argentina Win
1xbet – odd 1.97
Cyberbet – odd 1.91
22bet – odd 1.90