Mexico vs Costa Rica 31.01.2022
Mexico are coming from back-to-back defeats to the USA and Canada in their last qualifying matches. They need to get back to winning ways to avoid dropping from the World Cup qualification bracket.
Costa Rica’s 2-1 win over Honduras last time out leaves them in 5th place on the table standings, 5 points away from the playoff spot in 4th.
Mexico have not lost to Costa Rica in the last 5 meetings and we expect the home team to win the game easily here.
Main tip: HT/FT Mexico/Mexico (go to tip details)
NO RISK GHS 5 FREE BET in Ghana 🇬🇭
HURRY! valid only 7 days after registration!
Check out more World Cup Qualifiers predictions for all continents for free.
Head-to-Head stats Mexico vs Costa Rica
Considering the last 24 meetings between these teams;
- Mexico have 15 wins. Costa Rica 2 wins. 7 matches ended in a draw
- On average these matches scored 2.04 goals per match
- The last time they met Mexico won 1-0
Latest results Mexico
- 1 win, 1 draw, and 3 losses in their last 5 matches
- 7 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 1.40 goals per match
- They drew 2-2 with Chile in their last match
Latest results Costa Rica
- 2 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses in their last 5 matches
- 5 goals scored in the last 6 matches. Average of 1.00 goals per match
- They beat Honduras 2-1 in their last match
CONCACAF WCQs Group Standings and Latest Results
Mexico: rank 3rd – 8 matches – 4 wins – 2 draws – 2 losses – 14 points
Form Guide (most recent first): D-L-L-L-W
Costa Rica: rank 5th – 8 matches – 2 wins – 3 draws – 3 losses – 9 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-L-L-W-D
Possible squad Mexico
Mexico: Ochoa; Araujo, Dominguez, Vasquez; Sanchez, Herrera, Alvarez, Pineda, Gallardo; Lozano, Jimenez
Coach: Gerardo Martino
Possible squad Costa Rica
Costa Rica: Navas; Spence, Duarte, Calvo, Matarrita; Campbell, Suarez, Tejeda, Galo, Bennette; Ortiz
Coach: Luis Fernando Suárez
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on HT/FT Mexico/Mexico
Odibets offers competitive odds for the bet “HT/FT Mexico/Mexico”
The odd of 2.05 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 49% chance that Mexico will lead at halftime and win at fulltime in this match.
Odds comparison for HT/FT Mexico/Mexico
Odibets – odd 2.05
Bet365 – odd 2.00
Betwinner – odd 1.95
Odibets has a wide range of betting markets and customer promotions.
2) Bet on Over 2.5 Goals
- 3 of Mexico’s last 5 matches had more than 2 total match goals
- 3 of Costa Rica’s last 5 matches had over 2.5 goals
Odds for this bet
Melbet has competitive odds for “Over 2.5 Goals”
The odd of 2.15 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 47% chance that this match will feature more than 2 total match goals.
Odds comparisons for Over 2.5 Goals
Melbet – odd 2.15
Mybet.africa – odd 2.13
Cyberbet – odd 2.10
200% up to ₦ 100,000 🇳🇬 - now: ₦ 130,000
200% up to 1,380 GHS 🇬🇭 - now: 1,794 GHS
200% + 30% 🇿🇲 🇺🇬 - 6,812 ZMW / 1,144K UGX
Check out more Over 2.5 goals predictions across different leagues and competitions.