Sunbet is undoubtedly one of the big and well known South African bookmakers offering online and retail betting services. It successfully ran a chain of shops and later ventured online. Its popularity is because of the wide range of lucrative offers and rewards and as well as attractive odds and other features.
The bookmaker was established in 2008 and is licensed by the Western Cape Gambling & Racing Board. Sunbet is a brand under the Sunbet Pty Limited and is powered by Kambi’s sportsbook platform.
Tip: Read our free betting tips from our team of experts for better betting decisions!
- Widest variety of sports and betting markets
- mobile App for Android and iOS
- Safe and secure site
- No live streaming
- Customer service not available 24/7
Sunbet quick facts
- Established: 2008
- Licences: Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board
- Located: South Africa
- Security: SSL certificate
- Registered customers: > 250,000
- Odd payout: approx. 94%
- Sunbet welcome bonus South Africa: 100% up to R 1,000 (status March 2023 – might have changed)
- Website address Sunbet South Africa: www.sunbet.co.za
1) What is the offer of Sunbet South Africa?
The Sunbet sportsbook offers a variety of markets for over 30 sports available. These include football, rugby, tennis, cricket, golf, horse-racing, and American sports. The markets cut across major markets, for example, asian lines, cards, corners, totals, scorecast/wincast, halves, margins, O/U and match events. This has provided most South African punters with a platform for them to place bets on those more than 100 markets and increase their winnings.
Cash Out provides the customer with the ability to redeem their bet. Sunbet cash out allows full and partial options to its customers allowing one to take control of his bets. A variety of sports has this feature mainly covering football events. It is however available in selected markets and events.
This feature allows a customer to take charge and create a personalized multibet from the same sports event. The punters can choose a number of betting options available in one event and combine them for example, corners, number of bookings, half-time results, and more. However, one can place a bet build with the available markets in the selected event.
Sunbet, has one of the best and user-friendly live betting experience in the South African market. It is available for select sports such as football, cricket, basketball, tennis, rugby, and baseball and has numerous markets to bet on.
On the homepage, on the right, there is a tab for “Live In-Play”, you will be to see live games and also those to start soon.
The live betting platform offers a match visualization screen where you can follow the action and there are a few stats for the ongoing match. All these bring the best live betting experience for customers.
Find out more about the best betting sites in South Africa
Sunbet.co.za sports offer
2) How to register and login at Sunbet South Africa?
The registration process at Sunbet is fast simple and easy. Follow steps below:
- Open the sunbet.co.za website and click on the yellow-colored ‘Sign Up’ at the top right side
- A sign-up page will open where the registration form is provided.
- Fill in your first and last name and your ID/Passport number
- Enter your Date of Birth in the format guide provided
- Now, input your mobile number and email address, and username
- Enter your Password and Promo Code if you have a code
- Click to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions
- Click ‘Sign Up’ at the bottom to complete the registration process
3) Sunbet welcome bonus South Africa
(Status from March 2023 – bonus might have changed – no update provided – please check at Wazobet website)
There is a welcome bonus of 100% on your first deposit up to R1,000 for new customers. After registration, make a depost and one will be automatically rewarded with an equivalent amount deposited.
unlock bonus: Wagering upto 3 times with minimum odds of 1.5
Are you looking for more bonus offers that you want to take advantage of? If so, check out our dedicated page where you can find welcome bonuses and free bet bonus on registration alternatives.
4) Does Sunbet have a mobile App??
Sunbet has a mobile app available for both Android and iOS devices. The app is well designed and easy to navigate and the user experience is super awesome. The mobile app provides the full features and functionality of the main website. The app can be downloaded directly from Sunbets website. To download, you visit the mobile app page at Sunbet and you can download the android apk. As for the iOS, you will be directed to the app store where you will download the app. After downloading, follow the installation instructions and the mobile app will be installed and ready for use.
5) Which payment methods does Sunbet offer??
Sunbet offers a number of payment options to enable customers to fund their betting accounts. The payment methods available are debit/credit cards, Instant Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), vouchers, and cash deposits.
In the Sunbet pages, click on the blue-coloured “Deposit” option, at the top-right tab and select your preferred method and enter the amount to be deposited. The transactions are instant and will reflect in your betting account. The minimum deposit amount is R 50, while the maximum daily deposit amount is R 1,400.
Sunbet accepts OTT voucherand 1 voucher as a way to make a deposit. You enter the voucher PIN and the corresponding amount is credited to your account.
As from April 2020, Sunbet set verification details and one cannot deposit funds into their account until one has completed the betting site’s FICA procedure.
You can initiate withdrawals from your account at Sunbet, using debit/credit cards, bank transfers, and EFT transfers. The processing of withdrawals takes between 24-48 hours provided your account is FICA verified. The minimum withdrawal amount is R 50.
6) How to contact Sunbet South Africa?
You can reach Sunbet customer service on their Email, Phone Call, and Live Chat.
The live chat feature is available on the website but not on a 24/7 operation but is between 7 am – 10 pm local time.
7) Is Sunbet serious and secure?
Sunbet is a very trustworthy and highly secure betting platform. The bookmaker is licensed by the Western Cape Gambling & Racing Board. The website is fully encrypted using SSL certificates providing data privacy and protection.
We would like to enforce that with some facts and findings:
- secure and safe to use
- an all conducive and powered sportsbook
- well-designed and easy to navigate platform
- a mobile app for both Android and iOS
- a number of payment options
Conclusion Sunbet South Africa test
- A wide range of betting markets and events
- Does not have live streaming
- Modern and user-friendly platform
- Overall, Sunbet South Africa scores 92/100 on our bookmaker test