Arsenal vs Southampton 21.04.2023
Arsenal are on the push to win the Premier League after 20 years in 2003/2004 season where they had a whopping 90 points and not losing a single match. With Manchester City hot on their tails, they cannot afford a loss at the Emirates Stadium given their 2-2 draw against West Ham over the weekend.
Bottom-place Southampton will have their work cut out as they face first-placed Arsenal. The Saints have had a lackluster season to put things mildly. They are in the relegation zone and cannot seem to win a game. They will need a miracle to win against Arsenal as they can’t seem to find the back of the net lately.
It will probably be another sad evening for Rubén Sellés men as they travel to the Emirates Stadium given their current form. Mikel Arteta’s men on the other hand should easily dispatch the Saints and all but seal their fate for relegation.
Main tip: Arsenal Win and Over 2.5 goals (go to tip details)
Make the most of this week’s Premier League predictions from our team of experts.
Head-to-Head stats Arsenal vs Southampton
Looking at their last 25 encounters:
- Arsenal have 11 wins, Southampton have 7 wins and they have drawn 7 times
- These matches scored an average of 2.83 goals per match
- It was a 1-1 draw the last time they met in October 2022
Latest results Arsenal
- 3 wins and 2 draws in their last 5 matches
- 15 goals scored in their last 5 matches. Average 3.00 goals per match
- They drew 2-2 against West Ham in their last match
Latest results Southampton
- 4 losses and 1 draw in their last 5 matches
- 4 goals scored in their last 5 matches. Average 0.80 goals per match
- They lost 0-2 against Crystal Palace in their last match
TIP: Download Telegram before you click here!
Premier League Standings and Latest Results
Arsenal: rank 1st – 31 matches – 25 wins – 5 draws – 3 losses – 74 points
Form Guide (most recent first): D-D-W-W-W
Southampton: rank 20th – 31 matches – 6 wins – 5 draws – 20 losses – 23 points
Form Guide (most recent first): L-L-L-D-L
Possible squad Arsenal
Arsenal: Ramsdale; White, Holding, Magalhães, Tierney; Ødegaard, Partey, Xhaka; Saka, Jesus, Martinelli
Out: Saliba (Back injury); Tomiyasu (MCL injury); Elneny (Knee injury)
Coach: Mikel Arteta
Possible squad Southampton
Southampton: Bazunu; Maitland-Niles, Bednarek, Bella-Kotchap, Walker-Peters; Walcott, Ward-Prowse, Lavia, Sulemana; Alcaraz, Aribo
Out: Salisu (Knock injury); Adams (Calf injury); Larios (Muscle injury)
Coach: Rubén Sellés
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Arsenal and Total Over 2.5 goals
1xBet offers competitive odds for the bet “Arsenal and Over 2.5 goals Win”
The odd of 1.65 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 60% chance that Arsenal will win and the match will produce at least 3 goals.
Odds for Arsenal Win and Over 2.5 goals
1xBet – odd 1.65
Betway – odd 1.65
Available in: 🇰🇪 🇳🇬 🇬🇭 🇹🇿 🇺🇬 🇿🇲 🇿🇦
1xBet Tanzania is known for its amazing welcome bonus offer and substantial sportsbook! More information can be found on our dedicated review page!
2) Bet on BTTS NO
- Southampton have a scoring average of 0.80 in their last 5
- Scoring average for Southampton this season is 0.77
- Arsenal are very good defensively this season. Conceding on average only 1 goal per match
Odds for this bet
Bet365 offers competitive odds for the bet “BTTS NO”
The odd of 1.66 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 60% chance that one or both teams will not score.
Odds for BTTS NO
Bet365 – odd 1.66
Betway – odd 1.61
15% up to $ 60 Bet Credits in 🇰🇪
200% up to GHS 300 Bet Credits in 🇬🇭
Looking to become the next millionaire in town? We advise you to take a look at our selection of megajackpot predictions from bookmakers across Africa.