SportPesa was founded in 2014 and was first launched in Kenya. It thereafter grew rapidly and expanded it’s operations across Africa and other places around the world including the UK.
Although they have only been in South Africa for the last couple of years, they have quickly established themselves in the highly competitive sports betting scene in South Africa to become one of the household names.
SportPesa South Africa is licensed by the Western Cape Racing and Gambling Board.
- Well laid out website
- Very competitive odds on events on offer
- Very good customer service
- Optimised app and mobile website
- No welcome bonus
- No running promotions or offers like VIP program
- Markets are not comprehensive
Sportpesa South Africa quick facts
- Founded in: 2017
- Licences: UK, South Africa, Tanzania
- Based in: South Africa Head Office is in Cape Town
- Security: transactions protected by SSL digital encryption technology
- Registered customers: >100,000
- Website address Sportpesa South Africa: www.sportpesa.com or www.sportpesa.co.za
1) What is the offer of Sportpesa South Africa?
The Sportpesa sportsbook does not measure up well when compared with other bookies. However, it does, feature most of the mainstream sports like football, basketball, tennis, etc. The markets offered per sport may be fewer but the prices are very high.
Live betting is also offered, although even here the number of events and markets is a bit limited when you compare with our leading bookies
Sportpesa have a very good virtuals platforms that features all the popular virtual games like football, cycling, greyhounds, horse racing etc.
They have broken down the graphics into three categories based on the user’s data: low data games (10MB and below), Medium Data games ( 10MB-50MB) and High Data Games (more than 50mb). You will only use the data once when downloading the game for the first time, and if you don’t clear your cache you will not need to download that game over and over again
This is a very popular feature amongst punters that enables you to withdraw your profit or minimize your losses depending on how a game is going without having to wait for the game to end. The cash-out feature for this sportsbook can be done both on the in-play markets and pre-match.
Sportpesa.co.za sports offer in South Africa
Get the best match previews, odds comparisons and free betting tips from our betting gurus on a daily basis!
2) How does the Sportpesa registration in South Africa work?
The registration process at SportPesa is quick and friendly. Even first-time users will still find their way through. You need to ensure you fill-up the form provided with accurate personal information. This only takes a couple of minutes with very few steps.
Because of strict requirements from The Financial Intelligence Centre Act, 38 of 2001 (FICA), which came into effect on 1 July 2003, you will need to provide your ID or passport number at the point of registration.
You will receive a registration code via SMS after filling in the form which you will then use to complete the registration process
3) Sportpesa South Africa JengaBet
Sportpesa does NOT offer a regular welcome bonus for new customers. They have this special bet type called the Jenga Bet which allows you to select multiple betting options from the same game to use and place it as a multibet
Tip: Go to our overview for the best betting sites in South Africa and find the best bookmakers in South Africa.
If you want to learn more about welcome bonus offers – go to our free bet bonus on registration site and check out our compilation.
4) Does Sportpesa have a mobile App??
SportPesa offers an Android App for devices with Android 4.4 or higher as well as iOS. You can download the app directly from the SportPesa website or from the Playstore or App Store. It is free to download and designed to use less data than when using the website on our phone.
The SportPesa mobile betting site is also fully optimised for use through popular browsers such as Apple Safari, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Here is more info about the Sportpesa mobile app download
5) Which payment methods does Sportpesa offer??
Deposits into SportPesa can be made through EFT, 1 Voucher or through debit and credit cards supported by VISA/Mastercard. You can use cards from any of the major banks in South Africa. The list includes institutions such as FNB, Absa, Nedbank, Capitec and Standard Bank. As part of the SA regulations, players have to produce their FICA documents to withdraw at the bookmaker.
The SportPesa withdrawal times are dependent on the option chosen. You can request an e-wallet or an electronic transfer and the SportPesa maximum payout is R25 000. Generally, it takes 24 to 48-hours to process the payment on business days after requesting the withdrawal.
There is an option of completing the deposit process through USSD codes for MTN and Vodacom subscribers
DEPOSIT AND WITHDRAWAL methods
6) How to contact Sportpesa South Africa?
SportPesa South Africa offers 24-hour support for their customers and their Support Staff and very friendly and professional.
Apart from this, SportPesa also have a customer help page on their website where you can get answers to all questions that you may have about the platform. They do not have a live chat yet but be sure that the email and the number will help you get your answers as soon as possible.
Sportpesa South Africa help and support addresses
Send them an email at email@example.com and get a prompt response. You can also make a direct call using their customer service number 0861047773.
7) Is Sportpesa South Africa serious and secure?
In South Africa, SportPesa operates in strict compliance with the FICA requirements which sets up the framework for the requirements of customer registrations and KYC processes which are designed to protect customers from fraudulent activities such as money laundering
We would like to enforce that with some facts and findings:
- a global brand with operations all across the world
- Fully registered to operate by the Western Cape Racing and Gambling Board
under bookmaker license number 10183090-004
- Operates in compliance with FICA requirements
- All transactions are protected by the SSL digital encryption technology
- Sponsors sports federations and football teams in territories it operates in operation including the UK where it sponsors Everton football club in the EPL
Conclusion on our Sportpesa South Africa review
- Sportpesa has integrated with all the leading banking services providers to guarantee safety of customer funds
- has professional and experienced support staff
- the website is easy to use
- mobile app compatible with iOS and Android plus a mobile website
- Sportpesa reaches 90/100 points in our betting site review!