Nigeria vs Sudan 15.01.2022
Nigeria put itself in a good position to not only advance to the next round of the ongoing AFCON but also to finish as group winners with a 1-0 win over Egypt in the opening match of Group D.
Kelechi Iheanacho’s 30th-minute strike made sure of all the three points for the Super Eagles-who were totally dominant on the day.
Up next are the Sudanese who held Guinea Bissau to a stalemate in their first game of the tournament.
Nigeria have dominated the recent Head-to-Head meetings between them, but they will do well to be wary of Burhan Tia’s men who could set out to frustrate the Nigerians.
The Super Eagles are favoured to win the fixture and they have one of the best attacks on the continent. Therefore, Nigeria is a good value for breaking the resolve of the Sudanese to get a two-goal margin win.
Main tip: HC -1 Nigeria Win (go to tip details)
500% up to ₦ 50,000 🇳🇬
Read our review of the best betting apps available in the market.
Head-to-Head stats Nigeria vs Sudan
Considering the last 5 meetings between these teams;
- Nigeria have 4 wins and Sudan has a solitary
- These matches scored an average of 2.20 goals per match
- Their last meeting ended in a -1 in favour of Nigeria
Latest results Nigeria
- 3 wins and 1 draw and defeat in their last 5 games
- 6 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 1.20 goals per match
- They defetaed Egypt 1-0 in their opening match
Latest results Sudan
- 2 wins and 3 losses in their last 5 matches
- 2 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 0.4 goals per match
- They played a goallles draw against Guinea Bissau in their last outing
AFCON 2022 Group D Standings and Latest Results
Nigeria: rank 1st – 1 match – 1 win – 0 draws – 0 losses – 3 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-D-W-W-L
Sudan: rank 2nd – 1 match – 0 wins – 1 draw – 0 losses – 1 point
Form Guide (most recent first): D-D-L-L-L
Possible squad Nigeria
Nigeria: Okoye; Zaidu, Omeruo, Troost-Ekong, Aina; Ndidi, Aribo, Simon, Chukwueze; Iheanacho, Awoniyi
Coach: Augustine Eguavoen
Possible squad Sudan
Sudan: Abu-Eshrein; Nemer, Moustafa-Karshom, Moustafa-Elfadni, Mazin-Mohamedine; Omer, Al Rasheed, Khidir, Abas-Omer; Abdel Raman, Hamed
Coach: Burhan Tia
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Handicap -1 Nigeria Win
Yangasport offers competitive odds for the bet “Handicap -1 Nigeria Win”
The odd of 1.70 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 59% chance that Nigeria will win this match with at least a 2 goal margin.
Odds comparison for Handicap -1 Nigeria Win
Yangasport – odd 1.70
Betboro – odd 1.70
Accessbet – odd 1.58
Claim 500% up to ₦ 50,000 as a first deposit bonus when you sign up with Yangasport.
2) Bet on Goal in Both Halves
- 2 of the last 5 games involving Sudan produced goals in both Halves
- 2 of their last 5 H2H meetings returned goals in both Halves
Odds for this bet
22bet has competitive odds for “Goal in Both Halves”
The odd of 1.92 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 52% chance that at least one goal will be scored in each half of the game.
Odds comparisons for Goal in Both Halves
22bet – odd 1.92
1xbet – odd 1.92
100% up to 50,000 N in 🇳🇬
100% up to 750 GHS in 🇬🇭
100% up to 300k TZS &; 550k UGX in 🇹🇿🇺🇬
Follow us for all the African Cup of Nations betting predictions. Our tips have a degree of correctness.