Senegal vs Cape Verde 25.01.2022
Senegal topped Group B with 5 points after 1 win and 2 draws. However, they only managed to score 1 goal in the group stages.
Cape Verde made it to this stage as one of the best 3rd-ranked teams after finishing 3rd in Group A with 4 points.
With both teams involved in low-scoring matches in the tournament so far, we expect this match to be another close one with few goals. One or both teams may fail to score within regulation time.
Main tip: Both Teams to Score No (go to tip details)
We have Africa Cup of Nations betting tips for all knockout matches.
100% up to ₦ 48,000 in 🇳🇬
100% up to GHS 700 in 🇬🇭
Head-to-Head stats Senegal vs Cape Verde
Considering the last 4 meetings between these two teams:
- Senegal have won all 4 matches against Cape Verde. No draws
- These matches scored an average of 1.75 goals per match
- The last time they met Senegal won 2-0
Latest results Senegal
- Unbeaten in the last 14 matches (9 wins, 5 draws)
- 4 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 0.80 goals per match
- They drew 0-0 with Malawi in their last match
Latest results Cape Verde
- 2 wins, 2 draws, and 1 loss in their last 5 matches
- 5 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average 1.00 goals per match
- They drew 1-1 with Cameroon in their last match
Group Stage Standings and Latest Results
Senegal (Group B): rank 1st – 3 matches – 1 win – 2 draws – 0 losses – 5 points
Form Guide (most recent first): D-D-W-W-D
Cape Verde (Group A): rank 3rd – 3 matches – 1 win – 1 draw – 1 loss – 4 points
Form Guide (most recent first): D-L-W-D-W
Possible squad Senegal
Senegal: Mendy; Sarr, Koulibaly, Diallo, Ciss; Kouyate, Mendy, Gueye; Dia, Diallo, Mane
Coach: Aliou Cisse
Possible squad Cape Verde
Cape Verde: Vozinha; Fortes, Borges, Lopes, Stopira, Tavares; Semedo, Andrade; Rocha Santos; Semedo, Monteiro
Coach: Pedro Leitão Brito Bubista
Check out all the best football betting tips from our experts available on our page.
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Both Teams to Score No
Cyberbet offers competitive odds for the bet “Both Teams to Score No”
The odd of 1.40 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 71% chance that one or both teams will fail to score a goal in this match.
Odds comparison for Both Teams to Score No
Cyberbet – odd 1.40
22Bet – odd 1.39
Bet9ja – odd 1.38
Cyberbet has high odds and great customer offers.
2) Bet on Under 2.5 Goals
- For both teams, all their last 5 matches had under 2.5 goals
- All the last 4 head-to-head matches ended with under 2.5 goals
Odds for this bet
1xbet offers the best odds for “Under 2.5 Goals”
The odd of 1.40 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 71% chance that there will be no more than 2 goals in this match.
Odds comparisons for Under 2.5 Goals
1XBet – odd 1.40
Betway – odd 1.39
Bet365 – odd 1.38
Find more Under 2.5 Goals betting tips on our page for free.