Bor. Monchengladbach vs Bor. Dortmund March 7, 2020
Borussia Dortmund have been on a good run in the last 6 games. They have won 5 games and only lost once. They have beaten Monchengladbach in their last 7 straight head to head meetings across all competitions. They therefore come into this match full of belief and confidence not just because of their impressive record against their opponents but also given how well they have been playing this season, particularly in attack. Their forward line is one of the best in Europe. With the quality of forwards at their disposal, we expect them to yet again have an edge over Monchengladbach in this 3rd vs 4th clash.
Our main tip : DORTMUND WIN (go to tip details)
Head-to-Head stats Gladbach vs. Dortmund
We take a closer look at the stats of the last 40 matches between the 2 teams.
- Borussia Dortmund has been dominant on their head to head encounters – winning 26 of their 40 fixtures. Monchengladbach have won just 10 with only 4 draws between them.
- Dortmund have won their last 7 straight games against the Monchengladbach which brings us to our football prediction of Borussia Dortmund AWAY WIN.
- Goals scored OVER 1.5 in approx. 75% of matches between the 2 teams.
- Goals scored OVER 2.5 in approx. 58% of matches between the 2 teams.
In their last 2 straight games we have had “both teams to score” (BTTS). Based on this, their current form and the propensity for the two teams to score, we are also predicting BTTS for this game.
Latest results for Monchengladbach
- Monchengladbach’s form curve has been quite good. They have won 3 of the last 6 games with just one loss.
- Monchengladbach scored 2.17 goals per match in these last 6 games.
- All 6 games had OVER 1.5 goals; All 6 also had BTTS
Latest results Borussia Dortmund
- Dortmund have been in terrific shape over the last 6 games: won 5, lost just 1.
- They’ve scored 1.83 goals per match in the 6 games.
- 5/6 games in had OVER 1.5 goals; 2/6 had BTTS
Table and latest results
Monchengladbach – rank 3rd – 24 matches – 14 wins – 4 draws – 6 losses – 49 points
Borussia Dortmund – rank 4th – 24 matches – 14 wins – 6 draws – 4 losses – 48 points
Possible squad Monchengladbach
(4-2-3-1): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Neuhaus, Zakaria; Hofmann, Stindl, Thuram; Plea
Possible squad Borussia Dortmund
(3-4-3): Burki; Piszczek, Hummels, Zagadou; Hakimi, Witsel, Can, Raphael Guerreiro; Brandt, Haaland, Sancho
Injured and booked players: Delaney (Injured), Reus (Injured)
Our tip(s) in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers we suggest the following bundesliga betting tips:
1) Bet on BORUSSIA DORTMUND WIN
Looking at their head to head encounters, Borussia Dortmund have won in approx. 65% of matches between the 2 teams. They have in fact won the last 7 straight games. We are backing this trend to continue for our first betting tip for this game.
Borussia Dortmund have also been in imperious form in the league winning 5 of their last 6 matches.
2) Bet on BTTS
“Both teams to score” (BTTS) on their last 2 straight H2H games.
Mochengladbach have scored 2.17 goals per game in their last 6 matches.
Borussia Dortmund have scored 1.83 goals per game in their last 6 matches.
Odds for Borussia Dortmund WIN
Pinnacle offers the best odd for the bet “Borussia Dortmund Win”
The odd of 2.08 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 48% that Borussia Dortmund will win the game.
3 best odds for comparison
- Pinnacle 2.08
- Betway 2.05
- 1Xbet 2.04
Odds for BTTS
1Xbet has the best odd for “BTTS”
The odd of 1.56 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 64% that BOTH TEAMS WILL SCORE.
BTTS odds comparisons
- 1XBet 1.56 2.42
- Betway 1.50 2.40
- Betfair 1.40 2.80