Southampton vs Manchester United 29.11.2020
Since their first two games of the season to Crystal Palace and Tottenham Hotspur respectively, Southampton, are yet to suffer a defeat in the 7 games that followed, winning 5 and sharing points with the opposition on two occasions.
That fine run of form has propelled the Saints towards the top end of the table. They are currently 5 th on the table with 17 points from those 7 games. Southampton are a well-drilled team and the visitors will have their hands full at the St Mary’s when going up against each other. Although they were pegged back by a stubborn Wolves team in their last outing, they will take confidence from the run of 7 games without a loss.
On the other hand, Manchester United seem to be the ticking the right boxes with their recent performance both in the Premier League and on the continent. The visitors have seen off their last three adversaries in all competitions and with United’s form on the road, we feel the Red Devils could get something out of the game.
Main tip: DC Man United or Draw (go to tip details)
Poll of the month:
In order to provide you with the best betting odds and best offers we would like to know the following:
Choose up to 4 bookmakers you have an account with!
Head-to-Head stats Southampton vs Manchester United
We look at the last 20 matches between these teams:
- Manchester United have 10 wins, Southampton have 3 while 7 ended in a draw
- The last 20 games have seen an of average of 2.6 goals
- Their last meeting ended in a 2-2 stalemate
Get all the top Premier League predictions for free. Our tips are well researched and offer a great degree of accuracy compared to others out there!
Latest results Southampton
- Southampton 3 wins and 2 draws in their last 5 matches
- 19 goals have been recorded in the last 5 matches, giving an average of 3.80 goals per match
- Drew their last game against Wolves 1-1
Latest results Manchester United
- Manchester United have 3 wins and 2 losses from their last 5 games.
- There have been 14 goals in their last 5 games, with an average of 2.8 goals per game.
- Defeated Basaksehir 4-1 in their last game.
Premier League Table Standings and Latest Results
Southampton: rank 5th– 9 matches – 5 wins – 2 draws – 2 losses – 17 points
Form Guide (most recent first): D-W-W-W-D
Manchester United: rank 10th – 8 matches – 4 wins – 1 draw – 3 losses – 13 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-W-W-L-L
Possible squad Southampton
Southampton: McCarthy, Walker-Peters, Bertrand, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Djenepo, Adams, Walcott
Out: McQueen (Cruciate Ligament)
Coach: Ralph Hasenhuttl
Possible squad Manchester United
Manchester United: De Gea; Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Telles, Fred, Mctominay, Bruno; Pogba, Martial, Rashford
Out: Jones (Knee) Lingard (COVID-19) Shaw (Hamstring) Tuanzebe (Suspension)
Coach: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Fixtures are coming in fast and furious. Check out our best football tips for today and stand by to cash in when all is said and done
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on DC Manchester United or Draw
- Manchester United have a good form away from home, with 3 wins in their last 3 games.
- United are unbeaten in their last 9 Premier League games at the St. Mary’s stadium.
- Manchester United have won their last 3 games in all competitions.
Interwetten offers the best odds for the bet “DC Manchester United or Draw”
The odd of 1.27 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 79% that Manchester United will win or draw this game
Odds comparison for DC Manchester United or Draw
Interwetten – odd 1.27
Sportpesa– odd 1.25
Betking– odd 1.25
2) Bet on Over 2.5 Goals
- Manchester United have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 away games in the Premier League.
- Southampton have registered at least 2+ goals in 4 of their last 5 games.
Odds for this bet
Interwetten once again offers the best odds for “Over 2.5 Goals”
The odd of 1.75 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 57% chance that there will be at least 3 goals registered in the game.
Odds comparisons for Over 2.5 Goals
Interwetten – odd 1.75
Betking – odd 1.74
Read more about betting sites in Tanzania and learn more about their betting offers and promotions