Brazil vs Argentina 05.09.2021
Brazil have been cruising through the South American World Cup qualifiers with a 100% win record after 6 games. Argentina are second, also unbeaten, but with 3 wins and 2 draws.
The last time these two teams met was in this year’s Copa America final, in which Argentina managed a narrow 1-0 victory. Nevertheless, it may not be so easy to repeat the same this time.
We expect Brazil to get a favorable result in a tight, low-scoring match.
Main tip: Brazil/Draw + Under 2.5 Goals (go to tip details)
Availability: Nigeria 🇳🇬
We have other World Cup qualifier betting tips covering matches across Europe, South America and Africa.
Head-to-Head stats Brazil vs Argentina
We look at the last 24 matches between these teams:
- Brazil have 12 wins. Argentina have 8 wins. 4 matches were drawn
- These matches scored an average of 2.63 goals per match
- The last time they met Argentina won 1-0
Latest results Brazil
- 3 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss in their last 5 matches
- 5 goals scored in their last 5 matches. Average of 1.00 goals per match
- They lost 1-0 to Argentina in their last match
Latest results Argentina
- Unbeaten in the last 20 matches (W12 D8)
- 10 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 2.00 goals per match
- They beat Brazil 1-0 in their last match
CONMEBOL Table Standings and Latest Results
Brazil: rank 1st – 6 matches – 6 wins – 0 draws – 0 losses – 18 points
Form Guide (most recent first): L-W-W-D-W
Argentina: rank 2nd – 6 matches – 3 wins – 3 draws – 0 losses – 12 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-D-W-W-W
Possible squad Brazil
Brazil: Ederson; Danilo, Marquinhos, Silva, Lodi; Paqueta, Casemiro, Fred; Everton, Neymar, Richarlison
Possible squad Argentina
Argentina: Martinez; Montiel, Romero, Otamendi, Acuna; Di Maria, De Paul, Paredes, Lo Celso; Messi, Martinez
Out: Aguero (Injured)
Coach: Lionel Scaloni
Get all the best football predictions today from our home page
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Brazil/Draw + Over 2.5 Goals
Betway offers competitive odds for the bet “Brazil/Draw + Over 2.5 Goals”
The odd of 2.15 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 47% chance that Brazil will win or draw this game and not more than 2 goals in total will be scored.
Odds comparison for Brazil/Draw + Over 2.5 Goals
Betway – odd 2.15
Melbet – odd 2.12
Betfair – odd 2.11
Our page has plenty other other Double Chance betting tips
2) Bet on Most Goals 2nd Half
- 3 of Brazil’s last 5 games had most goals in the 2nd half
- Argentina’s 2 of the last 4 games had most goals in the 2nd half
Odds for this bet
Odibets has the best odds for “Most Goals 2nd Half”
The odd of 2.10 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 48% that the second half will see most goals in the game.
Odds comparisons for Most Goals 2nd Half
Odibets – odd 2.10
Helabet – odd 2.05
Betmojo – odd 2.05
NO RISK GHS 5 FREE BET in Ghana 🇬🇭
HURRY! valid only 7 days after registration!
Read our review of the best betting sites in Kenya and discover high odds and other rewards.