RB Leipzig vs Mainz 05 08.01.2022
It has been a mixed start for new coach Domenico Tedesco at RB Leipzig (W1 D1 L1). A victory in this match will go a long way in convincing fans that he is the right man for the job.
Visitors Mainz will be motivated by the fact that they have won the last 2 head-to-head encounters against Leipzig, even though the hosts have a better H2H record overall (W6 D3 L2).
Leipzig have been good at home while Mainz have struggled on the road. Thus, we expect a home win for Leipzig with a correct score of 2-1.
Main tip: Correct Score: 2-1 (go to tip details)
Our Bundesliga betting tips have a high rate of success.
Head-to-Head stats RB Leipzig vs Mainz 05
We look at the last 11 matches between these two teams:
- Leipzig won 6 matches. Mainz won 3 matches. 2 matches were drawn
- These matches scored an average of 4.55 goals per match
- The last time they met Mainz won 1-0
Latest results RB Leipzig
- 2 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses in their last 5 matches
- 8 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 1.60 goals per match
- They lost 2-0 to Arminia Bielefeld in their last match
Latest results Mainz 05
- 2 wins and 3 losses in their last 5 matches
- 9 goals scored in their last 5 matches. Average of 1.80 goals per match
- They lost 1-0 to Frankfurt in their last match
Bundesliga Table Standings and Latest Results
RB Leipzig: rank 10th – 17 matches – 6 wins – 4 draws – 7 losses – 22 points
Form Guide (most recent first): L-D-W-W-L
Mainz 05: rank 9th – 17 matches – 7 wins – 3 draws – 7 losses – 24 points
Form Guide (most recent first): L-W-L-W-L
Possible squad RB Leipzig
RB Leipzig: Gulacsi; Simakan, Orban, Gvardiol; Klostermann, Adams, Kampl, Angelino; Nkunku, Szoboszlai; Silva
Out: Bonnah (not included), Forsberg (thigh), Haidara (AFCON), Halstenberg (thigh), Henrichs (not included), Moriba (AFCON), Mukiele (not included), Olmo (not included)
Coach: Domenico Tedesco
Possible squad Mainz 05
Mainz 05: Zentner; Bell, Hack, Nemeth; Widmer, Barreiro, Stach, Lee, Martin; Burkardt, Onisiwo
Out: Kohr (thigh), Niakhate (not included)
Doubtful: Ingvartsen (groin), St. Juste (shoulder), Szalai (head)
Coach: Bo Svensson
Find the best football tips for today here.
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Correct Score: 2-1
1xbet offers very competitive odds for the bet “Correct Score: 2-1”
The odd of 8.00 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 13% chance that RB Leipzig will beat Mainz 2-1 in this match.
Odds comparison Correct Score: 2-1
1xbet – odd 8.00
Melbet – odd 7.80
Betway – odd 7.50
Bet with 1xbet for high odds and great offers.
2) Bet on Goal in Both Halves
- Leipzig average 1.60 goals and Mainz 1.80 goals in the last 5 games
- 3 of the last 4 H2H matches had goals in both halves
Odds for this bet
Betwinner offers competitive odds for “Goal in Both Halves”
The odd of 1.68 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 60% that each half of the match will see at least one goal in this match.
Odds comparisons for Goal in Both Halves
Betwinner – odd 1.68
Yangasport – odd 1.67
Betway – odd 1.65
500% up to ₦ 50,000 🇳🇬
Take a look at other Correct Score predictions for free on our page.