VfB Stuttgart vs RB Leipzig 02.01.2021
VfB Stuttgart will be looking to add to their points haul when they welcome Champions League campaigners, RB Leipzig, in the new year. The 18 points garnered so far is their most at this stage of the season since 2011/2012 season when they amassed 21 points after 13 games into the season.
However, they have their work cut out against an impressive opposition in the shape of RB Leipzig, who are yet to lose to a promoted side in the Bundesliga(W14, D3).In fact, in four games against Stuttgart, they are yet to be beaten with three wins and a draw. Coming into this game, they have also kept three consecutive clean sheets in the Bundesliga.
Another factor that could potentially count against Stuttgart is their inability to win games at home. In six home games, they have drawn four and lost two.
Having said that, Stuttgart are prolific goal scorers at home, despite their winless streak at home, and the visitor’s resolute defence will be put to test.
Therefore we expect RB Leipzig to emerge unscathed in the game with both sides scoring.
Main tip: DC X2 & BTTS (go to tip details)
Get all your free betting tips from our page to enjoy a significant increase in your winnings
Head-to-Head stats VfB Stuttgart vs RB Leipzig
We look at the last 4 meetings between these two teams:
- RB Leipzig have 3 wins, while VfB Stuttgart have no win, with a game-ending in a draw
- On average these matches scored 1.80 goals per match
- RB Leipzig won their last meeting 1-3 away from home
Latest results VfB Stuttgart
- 3 wins,1 draw and a loss in their last 5 games in all competitions
- 10 goals scored in the last 5 games. Average of 2.00 goals per game
- Won their last game 1-0
Latest results RB Leipzig
- 3 wins and 1 draw in their last 5 matches in all competitions
- 9 goals scored in the last 5 games. Average of 1.80 goals per game
- RB Leipzig defeated Augsburg 0-3 in their last game
Bundesliga Table Standings and Latest Results
VfB Stuttgart: rank 7th – 13 matches – 4 wins – 6 draws – 3 losses – 18 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-L-D-W-W
RB Leipzig: rank 3rd – 13 matches – 8 wins – 4 draws – 1 loss – 28 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-D-W-W-W
Possible squad VfB Stuttgart
VfB Stuttgart: Kobel; Stenzel, Anton, Kempf, Sosa; Mangala, Endo, Kilmowicz; Gonzalez, Didavi, Coulibaly
Out: Wamangituka (Knee), Mavropanos (Muscle), Al Ghaddioui (Groin), Thommy (Broken Hand)
Coach: Pellegrino Matarazzo
Possible squad RB Leipzig
RB Leipzig: Gulacsi; Halstenberg, Mukiele, Orban, Uppamecano, Adams, Kampl; Sabitzer, Haidara, Angelino; Poulsen
Out: Kluivert (Unknown), Nkunku (Ankle), Konate (Unknown), Henrichs (Knee), Hartman (ACL)
Coach: Julian Nagelsmann
Have a look at our Bundesliga predictions for more well-researched tips.
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on DC X2 & BTTS
- Both teams have scored in Stuttgart’s last 8 home league games across the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2
- Only one of Stuttgart’s last 11 league draws have failed to produce a goal
- RB Leipzig are unbeaten in the last 8 games in all competitions
Betway offers the best odds for the bet “DC X2 & BTTS”
The odd of 1.98 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 51% chance that RB Leipzig will win or draw the game, with both sides scoring at least a goal in the game.
Odds comparison for DC X2 & BTTS
Betway – odd 1.98
Betking – odd 1.95
bet9ja – odd 1.86
unlock bonus: place any bet at min. odd 3.00
🇬🇭 🇹🇿 🇰🇪 🇿🇦 - check other sites for promotions
2) Bet on RB Leipzig Over 1.5 Goals
- RB Leipzig have scored at least two goals in 6 of their last games
Odds for this bet
Interwetten offers competitive odds for “RB Leipzig Over 1.5 Goals”
The odd of 1.60 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 63% chance that RB Leipzig will score at least a two goals total in the game
Odds comparisons for RB Leipzig Over 1.5 Goals
Interwetten – odd 1.60
Bet9ja – odd 1.59