Manchester United vs. Manchester City March 8, 2020
Both of these teams have played splendidly in the recent past. Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 6 games, winning 5 games and drawing once. City meanwhile have won 5 times as well and lost once. Manchester United have won the last 2 head to head match-ups though and are looking really good with the addition of January signing Fernandes to the team. He has had the Midas touch in every game he has played so far, stringing things from the centre of the pack and chipping in with a goal when needed. Man United defence has also upped their game and they too have been a major part of their recent revival. We anticipate a tight encounter and we feel the home support from the United crowd might rev them to get a result here.
Main tip : Double Chance 1X – MANCHESTER UNITED WIN OR DRAW (go to tip details)
Head-to-Head stats for United vs. City
We take a closer look at the stats of the last 48 matches between the 2 teams.
- Manchester United has a slight edge on their head to head encounters – winning 23 of their 48 fixtures. Manchester City have won 18 and 7 games ended in a stalemate
- Man United have won the last 2 straight games against the Man City and have been playing very well lately, undefeated in the last 6 and this brings us to our prediction of Manchester United or Draw
- Goals scored OVER 1.5 in approx. 69% of matches between the 2 teams
- Goals scored OVER 2.5 in approx. 52% of matches between the 2 teams
- Their last 2 straight games produced under 2.5. We expect another tight affair at Old Trafford and are going for Goal Under 2.5 as our second betting tip for the game.
Latest results for Manchester United
- Manchester United’s form curve has impressive with 5 wins and 1 draw in their last 6 games
- Manchester United scored an incredible 3.17 goals per match in these last 6 games
- All 6 games had OVER 1.5 goals. But only 2/6 games had BTTS
Latest results Manchester City
- Man City have form curve has been quite good as well over the last 6 games: they won 5 and lost 1
- They’ve scored 1.33 goals per match in the 6 games
- However, only 2/6 games had Over 2.5 goals
Table and latest results
Manchester United – rank 5th – 28 matches – 11 wins – 9 draws – 8 losses – 42 points
Manchester City – rank 2nd – 27 matches – 18 wins – 3 draws – 6 losses – 57 points
Possible squad Manchester United
De Gea, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka, Fred, McTominay, James, Bruno Fernandes, Ighalo, Martial
Possible squad Manchester City
Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Mendy; Rodri, Fernandinho, De Bruyne; Sterling, Aguero, Bernardo Silva
Injured and booked players: Aymeric Laporte, Leroy Sane
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers we suggest the following:
1) Bet on DOUBLE CHANCE 1X
Looking at their head to head encounters, Manchester United have won in approx. 48% of matches between the 2 teams. They won their last two games against Man City and have been on a great run in the league winning 5 of their last 6. On this basis, we are backing Man United to Win or Draw this game.
Man United have also played particularly well against the top 6 sides in the league, only losing once to runaway league leaders Liverpool. Go to our Premier League tips section, if you are interested in further Premier League betting tips.
Odds for this bet
1XBET offers the best odd for the bet “Manchester United or Draw”
The odd of 2.26 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 44% that Manchester United will win or Draw the game.
Odds comparison for double chance 1x
1XBet – 2.26
Bet365 – 2.00
Pinnacle – 2.06
2) Bet on UNDER 2.5 goals
Goal Under 2.5 on their last 2 straight H2H games
Manchester United defence have kept clean sheets in 5 of their last 6 games
Manchester City have scored 1.33 goals per game in their last 6 matches
Odds for this bet
Pinnacle has the best odd for “Goal Under 2.5”
The odd of 2.03 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 49% the game will have Under 2.5 goals.
Odds comparison for over/under 2.5 goals
1XBet – 1.90 (over) – 2.00 (under)
Pinnacle – 1.89 (over) – 2.03 (under)
Bet365 – 1.90 (over) – 1.90 (under)