Portugal vs Ireland 01.09.2021
Portugal will be entering the Estádio Algarve with the stars who have bigger exposure in the UCL tournaments and that includes their top goalscorer, Cristiano Ronaldo. Though this is giving them confidence, Portuguese coach Santos’ comments show the respect he holds for their opponents and there is no doubt he wants to take all three points with them.
Ireland has won just one game in the 13 series of matches played. This is not a good sign for the Irish squad as they are facing the 2016 UEFA European Champions. We hope they might be seeking to finish this match with a point.
We expect more than 3 goals while Portugal scores in both halves.
Main tip: Over 2.5 Goals (go to tip details)
Check out our World Cup Qualifiers for more ways to win.
200% up to
200% up to
300% up to
Head-to-Head stats Portugal vs Ireland
Considering the last 4 meetings between these teams:
- Portugal had 1 win, Ireland had 1 while 2 games were drawn
- These games produced an average of 2.75 goals per match
- Portugal won 1-5 away in their last meetup.
Latest results Portugal
- 2 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw in their last 5 matches
- 11 goals were scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 5.5 goals per match
- They lost 1-0 to Belgium in their la match
Latest results Ireland
- 1 win, 2 losses, and 2 draws in their last 5 matches
- 7 goals scored in the last 5 games, making an average of 1.40 goals per match
- They drew 0-0 with Hungary in their last match
UEFA World Cup Qualifiers Group A Standings and Latest Results
Portugal: rank 1st – 3 matches – 2 wins – 1 draws – 2 losses – 7 points
Form Guide (most recent first): W-W-L-D-L
Ireland: rank 4th – 2 matches – 0 win – 0 draws – 2 loss – 0 points
Form Guide (most recent first): L-L-D-W-D
Possible squad Portugal
Portugal: Patrício; Dalot, Pepe, Dias, Guerreiro; Moutinho, Palhinha, Sanches; Silva, Ronaldo, Jota
Out: Sanches (injury), Felix (injury)
Coach: Fernando Santos
Possible squad Ireland
Ireland: Randolph; Doherty, Duffy, Long; O’Shea, Molumby, Brady, Hendrick; Horgan, Idah; McClean
Out: Stevens (injury), Robinson (COVID-19 Case)
Coach: Stephen Kenny
Our page provides the best football tips for today to help you boost your returns
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
Availability: GHANA 🇬🇭
1) Bet on Over 2.5 Goals
Betway offers competitive odds for the bet “Over 2.5 Goals”
The odd of 1.86 means that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 54% chance that total match goals to be more than 3 goals.
Odds comparison for Over 2.5 Goals
Betway – odd 1.86
Odibets – odd 1.84
We have more reliable Over 2.5 Goals betting tips
2) Bet on Portugal Score in Both Halves
- In 3 consecutive home matches, Portugal has scored in both halves.
- Serbia scored in both halves which is the most recent meetup of Ireland away.
Odds comparison for Portugal Score in Both Halves
Odibets offers competitive odds for “Portugal Score in Both Halves”
The odd of 2.03 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 49% of that Portugal will score in both 1st and 2nd Halves.
Odds comparisons for Portugal Score in Both Halves
Odibets – odd 2.03
Betpawa – odd 1.99
NO RISK GHS 5 FREE BET in Ghana 🇬🇭
HURRY! valid only 7 days after registration!
Get more information about betting sites in Tanzania and discover exciting offers.