Newcastle United vs FC Chelsea 21.11.2020
Both teams are heading into this game with contrasting forms. While the home side have endured a chequered season so far, their visitors have steadied the Ship leaving their shaky start a distant memory.
Chelsea are going into this game as the favourites with 4 consecutive wins in all competitions. They have been dominant in their recent games, dispatching all comers with consummate ease.
The Londoners have picked up wins against Krasnodar, Burnley, Rennes and Sheffield United in that order.
Newcastle have a few wins of their own, but victory for the Magpies have been few and in between.
Given the form of Frank Lampard’s team, they should take all three points on offer back with them to the capital.
Main tip: Chelsea Win (go to tip details)
Poll of the month:
In order to provide you with the best betting odds and best offers we would like to know the following:
Choose up to 4 bookmakers you have an account with!
Head-to-Head stats Newcastle United vs FC Chelsea
In the last 80 games between this pair:
- Chelsea have won 74, Newcastle 54 wins and there have been 39 draws
- There has been an average of 2.2 goals in their last 5 encounters.
- Newcastle won the last encounter between them
Latest results Newcastle Utd
- 2 wins and 1 draw and 2 losses in their last 5 matches
- 16 goals scored in the last 5 matches. Average of 3.20 goals per match
- Lost their last game 2-0 to Southampton
Latest results FC Chelsea
- 4 wins and 1 draw their last 5 games
- There have been 15 goals in their last 5 games, with an average of 3.0 goals
- Chelsea defeated Sheffield United 4-1 in their last game
Premier League Table Standings and Latest Results
Newcastle Utd: rank 13th – 8 matches – 3 wins – 2 draws – 3 losses – 11 points
Form Guide: L-W-D-L-W
Chelsea: rank 5th – 8 matches – 4 wins – 3 draws – 1 loss – 15 points
Form Guide: W-W-D-D-W
Check out our Premier League predictions page to get more tips on all the EPL games coming up.
Possible squad Newcastle Utd
Newcastle Utd: Darlow, Schar, Fernandez, Lascelles, Murphy, Jamal, Longstaff, Hendrick, Almiron, Saint-Maxima, Joelinton
Out: Gayle (Knee) Wilson (Hamstring), Fraser (Hamstring), Shelvey (Hernia), Dubravka (Heel)
Coach: Steve Bruce
Possible squad FC Chelsea
Chelsea: Mendy, James, Chillwell, Silva, Zouma, Kovacic, Kante, Mount, Ziyech, Werner, Abraham
Out: Pulisic (Hamstring) Gilmour (Knee), Havertz (Virus)
Coach: Frank Lampard
Our tip(s) and odds in detail
According to the statistics above and the odds of the bookmakers, we suggest the following:
1) Bet on Chelsea to Win
- Chelsea have won 4 of the last 5 games in all competitions
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 5 Premier League game
1xBet offers the best odds for the bet “Chelsea to win”
The odd of 1.54 suggests that the bookmakers are calculating with a likelihood of approx. 65 % chance that Chelsea will emerge victorious.
Odds comparison for Chelsea to Win
1xBet – odd 1.54
Sportybet– odd 1.49
Pinnacle – odd 1.50
2) Bet on Over 2.5 goals
- There have been 3 goals or more in 4 of the last 5 Chelsea games
- Chelsea have scored a whopping 14 goals in their last 4 games
- Games involving Newcastle have ended with 3 or more goals in 3 of their last 5 games
Odds for this bet
1xBet once again offers the best odds for the bet “Over 2.5 goals”
The odd of 1.73 means that the bookmaker is calculating with a likelihood of approx. 58% chance that more than 2 goals will be scored in this game.
Odds comparison for Goals over 2.5
1xbet – odd 1.73
Bet365 – odd 1.66
Betway – odd 1.66
Get the best odds, match previews, and other football betting tips today. We bring you well-researched tips to enable you to have value bets.